Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Norma Jean

"The night Chance Duncan drunkenly kissed me on his couch, I vowed my revenge."

 Norma Jean is a somewhat shy girl. Kind of had to be when one of the popular boys in school constantly went out of his way to pick on her.

Chance Duncan, once the bully that never really felt good about anything has turned into the one guy bound to show his true feelings.

Norma has become close to the little girl that she sits on the weekends for one of her mothers friend. Little did she know that this was Chance's niece or that this weekend he just so happen to be drunk enough to show up home. While she is resting she opens her eyes to find him leaning over her, then he kisses her. With this her plot for revenge begins.

You take a journey with Norma Jean and Chance as they spend time getting to know and falling for each other. Norma's plan soon is out the window when she realizes that she actually is in love with him. At their high school graduation we are devastated as the crap friend Creed tells a lie to Norma forcing her to stick to the plan and break Chance's heart. Years pass before they run into each other again and poor Norma reveals just how bad Creed really is. In the end the journey with these two characters and everything they have gone through proves to be a tear jerker and well worth every minute of reading.

This book was unexpected for me. I didn't really know what to expect when I picked this up other than everybody else was talking about. I loved this so much and couldn't put it down from the minute I picked it up. with all this being said I gave this book 5/5 STARS.

No comments:

Post a Comment