Thursday, July 11, 2013

Sweetly





  didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it (my current rating)


Would you like something sweet? Again we get a wonderful twist to an old favorite.

Hansel and Gretel become Ansel and Gretchen with an even bigger twist to start. Having lived all their lives with the memory of what happened that one day in the woods they finally have a place to start fresh…or do they?


Sophia Kelly goes above and beyond to befriend these two but Gretchen just can’t get over one strangers comment. Samuel is anything but southern when it comes to being hospitable but he has good reason, he knows what was in the woods that day all those years ago, he knows because he hunts every night for it.


I absolutely love the small town created here, so ordinary on the surface, but full of secrets. I have to admit though; I would have liked to see this book stay a bit truer to its originality. The monster in this book will not be what you think and I was a bit saddened by this. It was still, a wonderful read, and I do recommend it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment